This Scarab Beetle kit uses the peacock passing thread and organza fabric to create stunning wings. It will introduce you to Goldwork and Stumpwork techniques, including Japanese Braid stitch using metallic thread.
Content of the kit:
– 5 different type of goldwork wires
– 2 metallic threads
– 3 full skeins of stranded cotton
– 2 full reels of Gutermann Sew all
– 2 colours of leather
– Padding cord, felt padding
– Organza fabric, pre printed cotton background, calico
– Step by step photo instructions and patterns printed on freezer paper
NOTE: colours may vary slightly depending on supplies availability.
Due to supplies issues, the PVA glue will now be offered as an optional extra, the brand may vary from the one shown but will be similar. The price of this kit has been adapted to reflect this change.
The finish design fits in a 7in hoop and is about 5x5in (15x15cm) once finished.
In addition to this kit, you will need the following: embroidery hoops (7inch, 6 inch and 4 inch – all fabrics are pre-cut to size), Embroidery scissors and goldwork scissors (with serrated blade), a pair of fine tweezers, dry clear PVA glue and a small block of beeswax.