This is the full kit to create this owl in Goldwork and Stumpwork. It is an advanced piece but the instructions will take you step by step so if you are a beginner fancying a challenge, the instructions will guide you all the way.
The finished owl is roughly 18 by 20 cm and fits in an 9 inch hoop.
The kit contains:
– all the Goldwork wires and threads (9 types),
– the stranded cotton (4 full skeins),
– the silk thread and the wires for the needlelace as well as the needlelace pad and sticky back plastic
– 3 full reels of Guterman Sew all thread.
– the metallic leather
– the organza for the detached elements and the wings
– the printed cotton for the detached feathers.
– white cotton for the background
– the calico for the backing
– felt and cord for padding
– needles, pattern sheet on freezer paper
– Step by step photo instructions booklet
Other items you will need for this kit are: goldwork and embroidery scissors, tweezers, a 7inch hoop, a slate frame or similar (alternatively you can use an 9 inch hoop), a black fineliner pen, some beeswax and some dry clear PVA glue.
All items are available in the shop, the PVA glue can be added to this kit as an optional extra.
NOTE: thread and wire colours may vary slightly depending on supplies availability.